Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2009

The plan...

So I saw the oral surgeon this past Tuesday.
It felt great to finally have a discussion with him and know exactly what the plan is to fix my jaw.

It turns out I'm going to have upper and lower jaw surgery. It's all done at the same time so it doesn't really change much about the recovery time. I still won't have surgery for at least a year and most likely longer.

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on April 17th and then getting my braces on the following Friday April 24th! So here I go!! I'm so ready to get this started and over with as soon as possible! I can hardly wait to have a normal functioning jaw. The good thing is the surgery itself is actually covered by health care. The down side is the work up process (pre-op pictures and everything else before the sx) is not covered. And it's a heck of a lot of cash. I'll be working two jobs for at least the next two years I'm sure.

That's the update for now! I'm so thankful to have gotten a for sure start on this now. Great news is, I can still sing as much as I want! So I can stay happy during this process haha.

Thanks for checking in!





2 comments:

Jaelyn said...

I'm so glad it's getting started for you!

Christa said...

Oh no! That sucks that it's going to cost you more money! :( Oh well...2 years with 2 jobs it better than 3 or 4 years like it might have been. And yea for everything starting right away! That's so great for you. And I'm so glad that we'll still be able to hear your beautiful voice.

Post a Comment