Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

7 WEEKS...can you believe it!

I am a little behind in updating! Things have been up and down since my last post.

After my video post I ended up having a week with TONS of jaw pain. My joints were throbbing almost 24/7...I'm not gonna lie, I cried about it, a lot lol. It was sooooo painful. The good thing during that time is I was able to open my mouth enough to actually swallow the pain medication instead of having to crush it! (There really is a positive to everything isn't there? lol) It was a really rough time though.

The great news is, after that week (Week 6 Post Op) I started to have some relief again! Thankful to God for that! Another great thing is I am able to open my mouth more this week. I have started eating a lot more soft food. Not chewing anything but I can eat mashed potatos (my favourite!), bread, omelettes, basically anything that is small and mushy. 
It is WONDERFUL!!  I'm so tired of smoothies and soups. I've also had some small pasta noodles...I feel like life is slowly becoming more normal again. 

This past weekend we had a family reunion on my Mom's side out near Lacombe, AB. All of my siblings were able to make it as well as almost all our relatives. The last reunion was 25 years ago...I was 9 months old at the time. It was a really great turn out, and nice to meet new relatives and spend some time together! My sister and brother in law along with my niece were able to make it up from Tennessee. We haven't seen them for 4 years...it was so great to spend time with them again. And really hard to say goodbye. They came to our place for the past couple days as well along with my parents. We were so busy and got very minimal sleep, went to the zoo and did lots of shopping! I really wasn't sure how I was gonna do with a weekend of visiting out of town and going non stop, but surprisingly, besides the tired part, I have been feeling pretty good. Still have achiness that doesn't always go away but nothing compared to the past 6 weeks!


I'm preparing to start back at work again on August 23rd. That'll be 2 months to the day since my surgery. Being that I talk all day at work, I'm sure the first couple weeks will still be a little hard but I feel much more comfortable going back now that I see a lot of improvement.

I have more mobility in my lips and can get a bit of a smile out. My cheeks are still very numb and the muscles still aren't moving much. I also have some swelling in my nose and cheeks but that should be gone by the end of the month. Overall, I'm starting to feel like me again and it feels GREAT! I have even been able to sing a tiny tiny bit! haha It's funny how it's such a natural thing to do that I just try start singing randomly and then realize I can't really do that yet...but it's coming!!


Here's my updated profile shots...until the next update!



0 comments:

Post a Comment