I wanted to share this song with you all.
In the past few years, I've learned a lot about loving God, loving my family, sacrificing, perseverance and trusting God. Some things have been the hardest things I have had to deal with so far in my life. Lots of hurt, crying out to God to restore my parents health and help us to get on with life. But, although I have literally cried until I was all cried out, numerous times, and although I still have a lot of unanswered prayers, I have learned that my own dreams and desires of how I think, and view my life to be, are honestly not necessarily what God has planned for me. I feel like that statement has been said a million times by a million people. But what I've really come to accept is that the things I have ALWAYS thought would be my life, the things that come very naturally to me to dream about (for example singing!), the way I view how my marriage should be, how we should and shouldn't be as a couple, those dreams and ideas still aren't necessarily what God has dreamed for me. I just really feel like it's those dreams that we all have that are so natural that we have no reason to ever believe God wouldn't bless us with those things. Like being able to have a family, to get married, have a career that we are so skilled in and have always wanted to do etc. Those are all things that we just believe will happen for us. And I know God says He knows the desires of our hearts so for me I feel that how I envision certain things in my life, they should line up with what God has planned for me naturally. But I'm learning that sometimes things have a different way of playing out, God has helped to open my eyes to his vision of my dreams. And one thing I have done over and over again in the past few years is learn to trust Him more and let my dreams fall out of my hands, placing them into His and learning more and more.
So with all that being said, whether anyone else relates or not, this is a song that jumped to my heart and my last time singing for 2010.
7 comments:
Gosh, lady...I miss hearing you sing. That was beautiful. I actually almost cried thinking about how it was the last time you'd be able to sing for such a long time! *sob*
You're a beautiful soul. Keep persevering.
~K~
I love your Ora!! I am continually reminded of HOW AMAZING & GOOD our God really is!!!
Love you,
Char
PS:You are amazing & I am blessed to call you friend, and can't wait to hear that BEAUTIFUL Voice of yours ring from the rafters agian!!! (SOON) :-)
thank you so much Karyn, I miss our days back in choir together! Your comment was a wonderful encouragement to me, thank you : )
Ora
Hi, I'm a friend of Tara's and she was telling me about you and I thought I'd check out your blog. So interesting to read your post-op journey as I'm one of those nurses who only sees people for 2 days in the hospital and then send them home to fend for themselves, when they don't seem ready :) I'll pray for quick healing for you so you can sing again soon!!
Hi Linda, thanks for reading! It's interesting to see how things go afterwards hey? Thanks for praying and I'm looking forward to singing again!
Hey Sunshine! Miss you!!! Loved listening to you sing on this post! Hope your surgery next week goes good and quickly!! will keep you in my thoughts!
Theresa Sylvestre
What a gift you have. Your voice always gives me shivers. Such power and richness. You are blessing and a gift to those around you, Ora :)
Post a Comment