Hey Everyone!
Saw my surgeon yesterday, on my birthday (Oct 18th) and it turns out I'm going under general anesthetic again on Wednesday, November 3/10. Unfortunately, I am a clencher. I clench my teeth so much at night that there is a possibility the screws on the right side of my lower jaw have come loose. My lower jaw is actually slanting to the right side a bit as well and there is a sign of infection in the gum near the area of the plate as well.
So, my surgeon has decided he needs to go in again to find out what's happening on that side. My x-ray from yesterday shows that the screws are intact so he's not sure if the change in my jaw would be a lose screw or not. He may also check out the left side at the same time just to make sure that side is doing okay as well.
The positive to this (of course there is a positive I have to tell myself), I don't have to pay for it! haha The downside is I will be in pain, have some swelling, I may or may not have the excisions and stitches on the outside of my face again, it won't be as extreme as the jaw surgery of course. But it will be hard to talk for a bit he said and I will have a alot of tenderness and pain of course...I'm hoping and praying that because my gums are still quite numb that I won't hardly experience any pain. I have to be honest, other than my joint popping in and out (which happens almost every night-horrible pain, gross) I have not had any other pain. I am certainly not ready to be eating soft food/liquid again(for any length of time to be honest lol) and having pain when talking. Feels like I'm JUST starting to feel more like me again, and then here we go again!
So this is the update! I have some pictures to put up as well but will do that later.
I appreciate any prayers, please pray that it won't cause a lot of pain. I'll be taking a couple days off work and will have the Saturday & Sunday too, I'm praying that's enough time before talking all day on the Monday following. It's hard to be off work with my job but we'll see how it goes!
Thanks everyone!
3 comments:
Oh life :S
I will be praying for sure. Remember that the hard times grow us as individuals. I know a step back is not what you want/need at this time but I also know that you will be provided with just enough stregth to get you through! That's a promise you can take to the bank!
xoxo
Melanie, exact words out of my mouth! lol
so true, thanks Stacy!
Post a Comment