Hi Everyone!
Well I had my surgery yesterday morning (Nov 4th) at 8am. It went well, I am suffering for it but my pain is being managed by my Tylenol 3's and lots of Ibuprofen!
My surgeon ended up removing all the screws in my lower jaw on both sides. It turns out I clench my teeth so much at night that it caused each screw to become loose. My surgeon said he's never had a patient who has loosened every screw this way. So I'm a really 'unique' case...haha. I woke up to intense pain on both sides, I'm not gonna lie, I started to cry because I am just so tired of jaw pain and it just hit me that this is not a simple recovery again. The nurses there are so wonderful though, that always helps when you're in those emotional and painful situations!
I got home yesterday and rested. Didn't actually sleep too much but wasn't up to talking. My face is very swollen. My husband is a pro at filling up my icepacks and checking when I need my medication again...it's like we only did this 4 months ago...he's an expert!
I had a good sleep last night...slept most of today as well, this is a HUGE blessing. Laying on my back again I wasn't sure how I would sleep but I didn't have any problems. I am so thankful for that. After 2 months on my back last time...anyone who has only been able to sleep in one position for any length of time understands how difficult it can be!
Well, I am drugged up good, drinking meals through a straw again and taking it easy! Here's a couple pictures (not the most flattering of course) to share with you all. The pictures don't always do the swelling justice but it's a little picture for ya.
Thank you all so much for praying for me again and again and again! Today I feel a little less depressed, and I know why!
Yesterday was pretty rouch emotionally, but the Lord is my strength and comforter. : )
0 comments:
Post a Comment