I saw my orthodontist today. GREAT news! Things are going along perfectly and I go back on May 26th for a final tweak then on Thursday, June 23, 2011 (a year to the day since my surgery!) I've got my appointment booked to get my braces off! How NICE! I am super happy about this as my brother in law is getting married on June 25th and it will be wonderful to have my braces off for all the pictures.
I have also been feeling really great!! I can actually eat some raw veggies again. Carrots are my 'new' snack now. Only little tiny ones but my jaw is actually strong enough now to bite into the thin ones. Not so exciting to others of course, but to me this is a new step! To be able to bite things with my front and bottom teeth together is still new to me again. I am just so happy with the results of my surgery. What a PROCESS! I'm still amazed at how much I've gone through the past few years (especially this last one) and how much BETTER I feel! I feel so much more like myself again. It's been amazing to not have constant jaw pain. To be able to yawn without the pain and talk and sing as much as I want in a day and not have a throbbing headache/jaw.
I feel so blessed to be over the worst of all of this.
I'll update with some new pictures soon!
2 comments:
Praise God from whom ALL Blessings flow!! LOve ya!
Char
Yay yay yay!
~K~
Post a Comment