Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

I have a date!

God is always so good!!

December 18th, I head into work, preparing for a crazy non-stop day of mounds of paper work piled up from the previous four days of patients in the office. I only have 6 1/2 hours to get this done so I can be on Christmas holidays! My mind is already done due to the crazy four days prior, this is a normal result after so many days of talking non stop and thinking too much haha.

The first phone call I get is a referral for a patient to come to our office, referred by my oral surgeon's clinic. The second phone call is from the same oral surgeon's office, but different receptionist. This time she's asking for 'Ora-Lee'. I know when ever I receive a call from someone who doesn't say 'Ora' it's usually regarding an appointment for me. So this means nothing to me, although a little funny to have two phone calls back to back from the same office for two totally different things and neither of those ladies realizing they just called the same person.

But, the next thing I hear is,
'We've had a day open up for surgery, it's
Wednesday June 23, 2010 and you're booked!'
Oh my goodness!!! This is for real!

Thank you God!!

I was totally prepared for the long haul of waiting and suffering for at least another full year at the minimum, but God is always so good to me, and He knows what I need and I am SO thankful I now have a date, the future is no longer 'on hold' per say, so this is my news!!

I think back to last year at this time, I received the most AMAZING gift from my family at Centre Street. I was overwhelmed by the enormous generosity and love given from all of the beautiful people who gave and helped to support me through this journey! That was the most incredible Christmas gift I have ever received.

This year, my new Christmas gift is this surgery date! It's neat to me how things work out in a certain timing. I know every good gift is from God and I am continually grateful for His love for me and can't wait for this journey to be over!

****Here I go, six more months and recovery begins!

0 comments:

Post a Comment