Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

20 Days To Go!

Well, the time is definitely going fast! I'm getting so excited for my upcoming jaw surgery on June 23rd. Hard to believe I have been waiting two years for this one day and now it's so soon! This has definitely been something that has been on my mind almost non-stop for past two years. Talk about a long journey, lots of frustrating pain, adapting to talking and singing differently, and not feeling so good all around! I know I still have a long way to go until I feel 'normal' but at least the time is coming! 

I feel pretty well prepared for this surgery, I am anticipating learning to be more patient, quiet and restful for a LONG time as I recover. This is certainly a challenge for me most days. Most of you know I do enjoy talking, obviously singing, and eating, of course eating. lol I feel God will be teaching me some good things while I'm off work and recovering, I'm sure He will...I'm interested to see what I learn!

I am so thankful for my amazing sister Jaelyn who is going to take over my job for me while I'm off!
I know you will do an amazing job Jaelyn! You will love the patients, they are so fun and never a dull moment, it's gonna be fun training you! My parents are also coming up from Sask to stay for two weeks. I'm super excited and thankful they are able to come up for this.

I'm taking some time off from leading in worship at Centre Street as well.  My last weekend is June 19/20th. At this point I'm anticipating a minimum of six months off. I really don't know what to expect as far as singing goes. We'll see what happens! That will be a true test for me, but I know God is always faithful and I'll be singing when it's the right time!

I'll be updating this as often as I can...I'm not the most disciplined blogger but once I have my surgery I'm sure I'll have lots of time to blog. I'll be updating the site with pictures for anyone who wants to check in!
Chat with ya soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment